Interdisciplinary conference on sustainability, Dundee
Transformations 2017 is the third in a biennial series of international interdisciplinary conferences from the University of Dundee that focuses on transformations towards sustainability: addressing contemporary challenges and creating conditions for enhancing people’s wellbeing, today and in the future, while strengthening the Earth’s support system.
The aim of Transformations 2017 is to develop a better understanding of the practices that facilitate social and environmental transformations at local and at large scales in both developed and developing country contexts.
Transformations 2017 will bridge academic and practical knowledge to develop deeper insights into processes that enhance deliberate transformations. This will include gathering together researchers and practitioners from diverse disciplines around the world to share cutting-edge research and practices on transformations for sustainability.
The overarching theme of this conference is ‘sustainability transformations in practice’.
Within that, there are six sub themes:
- Conceptualising sustainability transformations
- Designing transformation and transformative forms of design
- Conditions and practices for transformation
- Research for transformation
- Creativity and innovation for enhancing thinking and practice of transformation
- Linking practice with policy