Scotland's Adaptation Conference
Showcasing, engaging, inspiring
Scotland's Adaptation Conference Programme, Speaker Profiles & Delegate list are now avaliable for download below.
THIS CONFERENCE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Scotland's Adaptation Conference reserve list.
Our Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh 9 September
Through a combination of key note speakers, interactive parallel sessions, case studies and panel discussions the conference will be a forum to:
- raise awareness of the broad range of adaptation initiatives underway in Scotland and elsewhere;
- engage a wide range of stakeholders on adaptation policy developments and the draft Scottish Climate Change Adaptation Programme; and
- network across sectors to develop new ideas, projects and partnerships, and inspire action.
Outline of the day:
Session 1: Scotland’s story
This session will draw the big picture on Scotland’s adaptation story and key challenges.
Keynote address from Paul Wheelhouse MSP, Minister for Environment and Climate Change.
Session 2: Parallel sessions
These sessions explore key challenges through presentations and facilitated debate. All delegates will attend
- A. Strategic Partnerships
During registration you will be asked to provide your preference for one optional session:
- B. Natural environment - Scotland’s environment needs and deserves our support in the face of a changing climate. Be inspired by solutions that show how nature can be helped, and help us, as we respond to the challenge of climate change.
- C. Climate risk - Raising awareness of the need for organisational adaptation; and inspiring action through showcasing innovative approaches.
- D. Communities - How can organisations and communities support each other to adapt to a changing climate? - showcasing good-practice examples.
Session 3: Parallel sessions 2
The morning sessions will be re-run providing opportunity to attend a second topic.
Session 4: Working with other nations and panel discussion
This session will raise our eyes further afield to look at what other countries are doing to adapt and how they are considering national climate justice within their context.
This will be followed by a panel discussion with senior “keynote listeners” drawing out key next steps and actions
Conference Speaker Presentations are now avilable for download here