Sell out FRM 2013 conference
With serious floods a reccuring problem for Scottish homes and businesses, Sniffer's annual Flood Risk Management Conference is attracting a record gathering of stakeholders. The program includes issues from policy development to practical case studies.
Sniffer’s annual Flood Risk Management Conference is yet again proving very popular with stakeholders from across Scotland. The conference, which will be held at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh on 5-6 February is already sold out but all the conference material, presentations etc will be available on the Sniffer website for those who are unable to attend.
The two-day programme looks at a range of flood management issues from the implementation of the Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009 and supporting policy to knowledge sharing across the flooding community.
Key topics are:
- Partnership Working – local partnerships, setting objectives and appraising measures
- Lessons learnt from recent scheme approval – recent agreements and legislation
- Surface Water Management – mapping, planning and challenges
- Flood Risk Management and Development Planning – integrating solutions and European examples
- Communications and Resilience – working with citizens, households and communities
Feedback from previous conferences shows that the conference is a key meeting place for those working in flood risk management. Facilitated discussions and share findings from relevant case studies is a key element over the two days, as well as opportunities for informal networking.
A detailed programme of the Sniffer FRM 2013 Conference is available here.
Read the 2012 Conference report
Download 2012 Conference presentations