Shaping our energy future
What energy future do we want? This exciting initiative from Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation and ClimateXChange will bring together stakeholders and experts to look at all aspects of the energy debate.
ECCI and ClimateXChange are bringing together experts, opinion formers and community representatives to explore the question: What energy future do we want and how do we shape it?
It is a question that divides communities but one that we urgently need to address. Using mixed media presentations, facilitated debate and the latest research and evidence the initiative aims to provide a forum for informed dialogue about the consequences and practicalities of different energy futures.
Through face-to-face events and an online platform 'Shaping our energy future' will bring together a range of views, concerns and insights about different aspects of the energy system:
- Create the space for an open dialogue and exchange of views about Scotland’s energy future
- Inform the public dialogue with agreed information and authoritative statements about the current energy system in Scotland, and possible future options open to us, and provide an independent platform to host information and resources
- Explore how we can enable better engagement with communities and other stakeholders who are not currently part of this dialogue.
- Build understanding about the consequences and impact of competing visions for Scotland’s energy future
- Share these insights with political and economic decision makers and other stakeholders.
All material from the event is available via the ECCI interactive 'Shaping our energy future' website
Read more about Sniffer's work with ClimateXChange