Successful Flood Risk Management Conference
Sniffer's annual Flood Risk Management Conference 2013 gathered 200 stakeholders for debates, policy updates and inspirational talks on the lates in flood risk management in Scotland and internationally.
Insipring visions for infrastructure adapted to climate change and new techniques in flood risk management created debate at the annual Sniffer Flood Risk Management Conference 2013. Conference delegates from across Scotland and involved in all aspects of flood risk management met at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh 5-6 February.
Minister for Climate Change and Environment Paul Wheelhouse kicked off the conference by launding new Surface Water Management Planning Guidance. This set the tone for a conference that covered both technical water management, hazard mapping, community engagement and the latest in blue/green infrastructure.
The two-day programme covered:
- Partnership Working – local partnerships, setting objectives and appraising measures
- Lessons learnt from recent scheme approval – recent agreements and legislation
- Surface Water Management – mapping, planning and challenges
- Flood Risk Management and Development Planning – integrating solutions and European example
- Communications and Resilience – working with citizens, households and communities
See the conference programme